As the standard and intensity of secondary school rugby continues to grow, the demands on 1st XV and age-grade representative coaches have increased.
However, despite these growing demands, there is a real lack of development opportunity for coaches aspiring to coach and/or achieve at this level.
That’s why IRANZ created the Advanced Coaches Course.
Designed for ambitious Secondary School and age-grade Coaches, this programme is most suited to coaches who have prior coaching experience – but who aspire to create a high performance, 1st XV environment.
The programmes holistic approach to coaching includes both classroom and practical modules. This equips participants with the coaching tools that can be implemented within their team environment.
Advanced Coaches Course modules include:
- Design and Implementation of a Game Plan
- Contact and the breakdown
- Set piece
- Individual skills
- Coach Philosophy
- Team Profiling
- Patterns of Play and Tactics
- Defensive patterns and structure
- Talent identification
- Live match observation
- Performance analysis & the team review process
- Position-specific coaching knowledge
The Advanced Coaches Course programme runs in-tandem with our Advanced Players Course, providing Coach participants the unique opportunity to work live with players, under the guidance of our expert Staff Coaches.
The programme also includes live observation, where Position-Specific experts work with individual players across the field in a live scenario. This provides Coach participants with an opportunity to learn each position across the field in comprehensive detail.
Each Advanced Coaches Course participant is provided with a Course assessment from our expert Staff Coaches. This identifies key strengths and work-ons for each individual coach, ensuring participants can focus their post-course development in the right areas and continue development long after the programme is complete.
Course fees include the following:
- Individual Course Assessment
- Provides feedback on strengths and work-ons
- Course material folder; including season planner, training diary and more
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (6 nights) – staying on-site at the NZCIS, Upper Hutt, Wellington.
- Travel Transfers (from Wellington Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
* December Courses will be running out of the New Zealand Campus of Innovation and Sport (NZCIS) in Upper Hutt, Wellington.
Was 3490 NZD
Now $2990 NZD
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to have an IRANZ Staff member contact you within 2 working days.
“The course has been really unbelievable. I walk away from here a much better coach. I’ve benefited much more (from this course) than ever in my wildest dreams I could have hoped for.”