In this day and age, some players have secured professional contracts as early as the tender age of 18 years old. As such, player development has never been more crucial in the mid-late teen years for those rugby players seeking the path to professional rugby.
The Advanced Players Course was designed to fast-track player development as they transition to senior rugby.
Typically for players aged 16-18 years old, the Advanced programme provides players an insight to the levels expected in a professional rugby environment – with the objective of embedding positive training and self-management habits that will ultimately steer players on the path to professional rugby.
The Advanced Players Course covers the following modules:
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning Skills – strength, power and speed
- Advanced Nutrition
- Video review and the Game-Analysis process
- Conducting self-review
- Rugby intelligence & tactical awareness
- Game plan comprehension
- Advanced game awareness, vision and decision-making
- Position-Specific analysis & performance review
- Advanced Position-Specific skills, roles and responsibilities
- Self-management & leadership
- Mind management & mental skills
- Recovery protocols
Each participant is allocated a Position-Specific specialist – often a current or former international coach or player – that will teach the player 1:1 and introduce them to the advanced skills required in their position.
Course and Position-Specific Assessments are provided by the Course Facilitator and Position-Specific Coach respectively. This provides participants with a clear understanding of their strengths and work-ons – and where their future in the game lies. This ultimately creates a development plan and informs the player’s training in years to come.
Course fees include:
- 1 x Course Assessment
- An appraisal that provides insight into the participant’s technical, tactical, physical and mental attributes
- 1 x Position-Specific Assessment
- An appraisal which discusses the participant’s positional future in the game, identifying player strengths and key work-ons for optimal improvement
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (6 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
Upcoming Course Dates: