In this day and age, some players have secured professional contracts as early as the tender age of 18 years old. As such, player development has never been more crucial in the mid-late teen years for those rugby players seeking the path to professional rugby.
The Advanced Players Course was designed to fast-track player development as the transition is made to senior rugby.
Typically for players aged 16-18 years-old, the Advanced programme provides players an insight to the levels expected in a professional rugby environment – with the objective of embedding positive training and self-management habits that will ultimately steer players on the path to professional rugby.
The Advanced Players Course covers the following modules:
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning Skills – strength, power and speed
- Advanced Nutrition
- Video review and the Game-Analysis process
- Conducting self-review
- Rugby intelligence & tactical awareness
- Game plan comprehension
- Advanced game awareness, vision and decision-making
- Position-Specific analysis & performance review
- Advanced Position-Specific skills, roles and responsibilities
- Self-management & leadership
- Mind management & mental skills
- Recovery protocols
Each participant is allocated a Position-Specific specialist – often a current or former international coach or player – that will teach the player 1:1 and introduce them to the advanced skills required in their position.
Course and Position-Specific Assessments are provided by the Course Facilitator and Position-Specific Coach respectively. This provides participants with a clear understanding of their strengths and work-ons – and where their future in the game lies. This ultimately creates a development plan which guides the player’s training pathway in years to come.
Course fees include:
- 1 x Course Assessment
- An appraisal that provides insight into the participant’s technical, tactical, physical and mental attributes
- 1 x Position-Specific Assessment
- An appraisal which discusses the participant’s positional future in the game, identifying player strengths and key work-ons for optimal improvement
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (6 nights) – staying on-site at the New Zealand Campus of Innovation and Sport
- Travel Transfers (from Wellington Airport to facility, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
Price: $2990 NZD
Course dates below provisional due to Covid.
Fee-free payment plans are also available on request.
Upcoming Course Dates
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below for priority enrolment
As his Mum it’s been obvious in his overall attitude to training, his training ethics, his attitude to both sport and school life, his selection into CAS and NSW squads… I like to think that attending IRANZ is one of the reasons why these have happened. These Courses build character!
Fua Tauiliili-Pelesasa, Parent (NSW)Fua’s son Miller attended the Advanced Players Course in 2017, and was selected for various representative sides the following year.
IRANZ Live ‘20 was a remarkable achievement for the organisers and presenters. As an attendee, IRANZ Live exceeded my initial expectations and provided a unique coach development opportunity with contributions from a long list of world-class rugby figures. The range of delivery and content was excellent, and a superb balance of interactive tasks and Q & A opportunities. Over the 12 days, IRANZ staff deserve credit for creating such a positive and personal environment for coaches to learn. With 2020 being the first year of IRANZ Live, the structure and delivery was without fault and I would highly recommend the online experience to fellow coaches as an alternative to attending in person. I am proud now to be a part of the IRANZ community.