IRANZ Emerging Coaches Course
As players transition to senior rugby, coaches are required to adapt to a completely new environment. Team culture, cohesion and other successful team traits can be difficult to foster with such limited time together on a weekly basis.
Yet, success at club-level is so often required for coaches aiming to secure selection into senior representative rugby coaching.
That’s why IRANZ crafted the Emerging Coaches Course.
Designed specifically for ambitious Club and senior representative coaches, the Emerging Coaches Course provides up-and-coming Coaches with the knowledge required to successfully coach a club-level team.
This programme focuses specifically on coaching club rugby, with players aged 18 years and over.
Including various modules in both classroom and practical settings, this programme will equip participants with a full set of tools that can be implemented within their own environment – for dramatic improvements in performance.
Emerging Coaches Course modules include:
- Developing a Season Campaign
- Creating a successful team environment
- Planning a weekly training schedule
- Coach Philosophy
- Team Profiling
- Patterns of Play and Tactics
- Defensive patterns and structure
- Talent identification
- Live match observation
- Performance analysis & the team review process
- Position-specific coaching knowledge
The Emerging Coaches Course programme coincides with an IRANZ Player programme. This provides Coach participants the unique opportunity of observing our expert Staff Coaches working live with players.
The programme also includes Position-Specific experts working 1-on-1 with players. This provides Coach participants an opportunity to learn each position on the field in great depth.
Each participant is provided a Course assessment from our expert Staff Coaches. This assessment identifies key strengths and work-ons for each individual coach, ensuring participants focus their growth in the right areas, and their development continues long after the Course is complete.
- NZ Price – $3,990 NZD
- Overseas Price – $4,490 NZD
Course fees include:
- Individual Course Assessment
- Provides feedback on key strengths and work-ons
- Course material folder; including season planner, training diary and more
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (7 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
Upcoming Course Dates
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to have an IRANZ Staff member contact you within 2 working days.
“The course has been really unbelievable. I walk away from here a much better coach. I’ve benefited much more (from this course) than ever in my wildest dreams I could have hoped for.”