Club rugby presents a unique set of challenges for any rugby coach.
As players transition to senior rugby, coaches are required to adapt to a completely new environment. Team culture, cohesion and other successful team traits can be difficult to foster with such limited time together on a weekly basis.
Yet, success at club-level is so often required for coaches aiming to secure selection into senior representative rugby coaching.
That’s why IRANZ crafted the Emerging Coaches Course.
Designed specifically for ambitious Club and senior representative coaches, the Emerging Coaches Course provides up-and-coming Coaches with the knowledge required to successfully coach a club-level team.
This programme focuses specifically on coaching club rugby, with players aged 18 years and over.
Including various modules in both classroom and practical settings, this programme will equip participants with a full set of tools that can be implemented within their own environment – for dramatic improvements in performance.
Emerging Coaches Course modules include:
- Developing a Season Campaign
- Creating a successful team environment
- Planning a weekly training schedule
- Coach Philosophy
- Team Profiling
- Patterns of Play and Tactics
- Defensive patterns and structure
- Talent identification
- Live match observation
- Performance analysis & the team review process
- Position-specific coaching knowledge
The Emerging Coaches Course programme runs in-tandem with our Emerging Players Course. This provides Coach participants the unique opportunity of working live with players, under the guidance of our expert Staff Coaches.
The programme also includes a live match observation, where Position-Specific experts work with individual players across the field in a live scenario. This provides Coach participants an opportunity to learn each position in depth.
Each participant is provided a Course assessment from our expert Staff Coaches. This assessment identifies key strengths and work-ons for each individual coach, ensuring participants focus their growth in the right areas, and their development continues long after the Course is complete.
Course fees include:
- Individual Course Assessment
- Provides feedback on key strengths and work-ons
- Course material folder; including season planner, training diary and more
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (6 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
Upcoming Course Dates