IRANZ Emerging Players Course
Every rugby player goes through an important transformation as they transition to senior club rugby. This can often lead to unexpected growth in ability and performance, which could even lead to higher honours for the player with the help of genuine rugby expertise.
The Emerging Players Course was designed to offer late-blooming rugby players and those players transitioning to senior rugby an opportunity to fine-tune their ability and realise their true potential in the game.
For players aged 18 years and over, the Emerging programme provides players with an introduction to senior rugby at an advanced level – covering all the fundamental skills and abilities, and touching on the crucial technical, tactical, physical and mental aspects of the game.
The Emerging Players Course covers the following modules:
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning Skills – strength, power and speed
- Advanced Nutrition
- Video review and the Game-Analysis process
- Conducting self-review
- Rugby intelligence & tactical awareness
- Team cohesion and game plan comprehension
- Position-Specific skills, roles and responsibilities
- Individual skill assessments
- Self-management & leadership
- Mind management & mental skills
- Recovery protocols
Each participant is allocated a Position-Specific specialist – often a current or former international coach or player – that will teach the player 1:1 and introduce them to the advanced skills required in their position.
Emerging Players Course participants are provided both a Position-Specific Assessment and Course Assessment by their Staff Coaches. This provides participants with a clear understanding of their strengths and work-ons – and where their future in the game lies. This ultimately creates a development plan and informs the player’s training in years to come.
Course fees include:
- 1 x Course Assessment
- An appraisal that provides insight into the participant’s technical, tactical, physical and mental attributes
- 1 x Position-Specific Assessment
- An appraisal which discusses the participant’s positional future in the game, identifying player strengths and key work-ons for optimal improvement
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (7 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop or i-Site)
Upcoming Course Dates
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to have an IRANZ Staff member contact you within 2 working days.
The Course was 1000% more helpful than I could imagine. The 1-on-1 meetings, the Strength and Speed testing and the mental skills… honestly the biggest eye opener and career changer I have experienced. I wouldn’t be where I am in life and my rugby career without going to IRANZ.
Jamason Fa’anana-Schultz, Player Graduate (QLD, Aus)Attended the Emerging Players and then the High Performance Course in 2019
IRANZ was an amazing experience… it taught me a range of skills to improve my game. I have taken away value that will not only transfer onto the rugby field but into day to day life. I highly recommend it!