The Emerging Players’ Course offers players 18 years and over the opportunity to fast track your rugby development and maximise your potential in the game. It’s a shorter alternative to our 3-week High Performance Players Course; focusing on critical skill development, mental toughness, rugby intelligence and self-management.
To be your best, you have to learn from the best. The coaching staff on the Emerging Players Course represent some of the most qualified and greatly respected coaches and former players in world rugby today. They’ll help you achieve at your highest possible level. Having an expert identify how you can tweak your performance in a few small areas can result in exponential gains in overall performance.
Players on the Emerging Players’ Course work with our panel of expert Staff Coaches to assess current strengths and work-ons – identifying key areas to develop in order to achieve your rugby potential.
The Emerging Players Course covers the following modules:
- Core Skill Development and Assessment
- 1:1 Position Specific Coaching and Appraisal
- Goal Setting in Professional Rugby
- Professional Video Review and the Game Analysis Process
- Self Management, Self Review and the Improvement Process
- Team Cohesion and Game Plan Comprehension
- Position-Specific skills, Roles and Responsibilities
- Mental Skills and Mind management Techniques
- Advanced Nutrition for Peak Performance
- Advanced Rugby Intelligence – Game Awareness and Decision Making
- Principles of Attack and Defence
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning Skills
- The Professional Rugby Environment – agents, contracts, leadership and career development
- Individual skill assessments
- Recovery protocols
Each participant is allocated a Position-Specific specialist – often a current or former international coach or player – who teaches the player 1:1 and introduces them to the advanced skills required in their position.
Emerging Players Course participants are provided with a Position-Specific Assessment and Course Assessment by their Staff Coaches. These provide participants with a clear understanding of their strengths and work-ons – and where their future in the game lies. This creates a development plan and informs the player’s training in years to come.
Course fees include:
- 1 x Course Assessment
- An appraisal that provides insight into the participant’s technical, tactical, physical and mental attributes.
- 1 x Position-Specific Assessment
- An appraisal which discusses the participant’s positional future in the game, identifying player strengths and key work-ons for optimal improvement.
- All training and tuition.
- An IRANZ Training Shirt.
- All foor for the duration of the programme (fully catered meals and snacks)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (7 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute.
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop or i-Site).
The Course was 1000% more helpful than I could imagine. The 1-on-1 meetings, the Strength and Speed testing and the mental skills… honestly the biggest eye opener and career changer I have experienced. I wouldn’t be where I am in life and my rugby career without going to IRANZ.
Jamason Fa’anana-Schultz, Player Graduate (QLD, Aus)Attended the Emerging Players and then the High Performance Course in 2019
IRANZ was an amazing experience… it taught me a range of skills to improve my game. I have taken away value that will not only transfer onto the rugby field but into day to day life. I highly recommend it!