Coaching a professional rugby team is a feat that many coaches aspire to achieve, yet very few will accomplish.
There is a long-list of requirements to secure a professional coaching role, which often includes a successful track-record – or skills and experience in areas of coaching that you’re only privy to at the professional-level.
At times, this can provide little opportunity to reflect your true ability or knowledge of the game. That’s why IRANZ developed the High Performance Coaches Course.
Designed specifically for talented and highly-experienced coaches, this programme provides all the advanced knowledge, strategies and skills required to break into – or succeed – in the professional coaching environment.
This programme is delivered directly from some of the greatest, most successful rugby-minds in the game.
Former presenters on this programme include Steve Hansen, Eddie Jones, Graham Henry and more. This programme aims to offer the most intensive and comprehensive Coaching Course in the world, focusing solely on the coaching of highly-talented players, aged 18 years and over.
Including a variety of modules in classroom, practical, and live scenario-type settings, the High Performance Coaches Course simulates the professional rugby environment – exposing coaches to what it takes to coach at the highest level.
High Performance Coaches Course modules include:
- Coaching in the Professional Environment
- Developing a Comprehensive Game Plan
- The Coaching Process
- Video analysis as a coaching tool
- Player Identification and Profiling
- Team and Player Review Process
- Attack and Defence
- The Team Selection process
- The Interview Process
- Managing the media
- Mental Skills
- Strength and Conditioning
- Off-field Staff and Player Management
The High Performance Coaches Course programme runs in-tandem with our High Performance Players Course, providing participants the unique opportunity of working live with highly promising players, under the guidance of our expert Staff Coaches.
The Course programme also includes the live observation of 2 matches – allowing Coaches to work directly with Position-Specific experts and the Coach Facilitator on two separate occasions and unique match scenarios.
This allows participants to learn each position with incredible depth, and observe our expert Facilitator working live within a team environment.
Participants are provided a Course assessment from our expert Staff Coaches, identifying key strengths, work-ons and a future development plan for each individual coach.
This ensures participants focus their growth in the right areas and provide themselves the best possible opportunity of landing and/or succeeding in a professional coaching role following completion of the programme.
The IRANZ High Performance Coaches Course features our most prolific Staff Coaches, and the 2019 programme is no exception.
Former England Head Coach Brian Ashton will join us again in 2019 to facilitate the High Performance Coaches Course, supported by other former All Blacks and current professional coaches.
Course fees include:
- Individual Course Assessment
- Provides feedback on strengths, work-ons and a post-course development plan
- Accommodation for the duration of the programme, including travel and accommodation required for a short, mid-camp break
- Course material folder; including season planner, training diary and more
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)