Approximately 50% of High Performance Player participants will push on to achieve a professional career in rugby.
For players aged 18 years and over, the High Performance programme simulates the professional rugby environment, demanding participants to perform and manage themselves at a level that is expected in the professional game today.
The High Performance Players Course includes the following modules:
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning Skills – strength, power and speed
- Advanced Nutrition
- Professional video review and the Game-Analysis process
- The self-review and improvement process
- Advanced rugby intelligence & tactical awareness
- Team cohesion and game plan comprehension
- Intensive Position-Specific appraisal – covering all skills, roles and responsibilities required
- Comprehensive individual skill assessments
- Short, medium and long passing – left to right, and right to left
- Tackle technique
- Extensive 1:1 coaching
- Self-management & leadership
- Mind management & mental skills
- Recovery protocols
- Career development
- Media & presentation skills
- Injury prevention and recovery regimes
Each High Performance Players Course participant is allocated a Position-Specific specialist – often a current or former international coach or player. The Position-Specific Coach will teach the player 1:1 to accelerate the participant’s development in that position.
Extensive Course and Position-Specific Assessments are provided by the Course Facilitator and Position-Specific Coach respectively. This provides participants with a clear understanding of their strengths and work-ons – and what they must achieve to realise a professional future in the game.
Course fees include:
- 1 x Course Assessment
- A highly comprehensive appraisal that provides insight into the participant’s technical, tactical, physical and mental attributes – and key work-ons/improvement required to be considered at a professional level
- 1 x Position-Specific Assessment
- An extensive evaluation discussing the participant’s positional future in the game, identifying player strengths and key work-ons for optimal improvement
- 1 x Strength and Conditioning programme
- Informed by your Position-Specific Assessment, Course Assessment and Fitness Testing results, participants are provided with a Strength and Conditioning programme to work on after the programme is complete
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (11/ 19 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop or i-Site)
The 3-week Programme ensures individuals that want maximum impact in their rugby get extra 1-on-1 technical and tactical tuition, strength & conditioning and personal development skills.
Click your preferred dates below for pricing or to Apply Now!
Upcoming Course Dates
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to have an IRANZ Staff member contact you within 2 working days.
IRANZ was an amazing experience… it taught me a range of skills to improve my game. I have taken away value that will not only transfer onto the rugby field but into day to day life. I highly recommend it!
James Ferrier, Player Graduate (Auckland, NZ)James attended the Emerging and then High Performance Players Course in 2017
The Course was 1000% more helpful than I could imagine. The 1-on-1 meetings, the Strength and Speed testing and the mental skills… honestly the biggest eye opener and career changer I have experienced. I wouldn’t be where I am in life and my rugby career without going to IRANZ.