As young rugby players transition through their early-mid teen years, raw talent and ability begins to shine through and promising talent becomes exposed.
The Intermediate Players Course was designed to nurture the raw talent of young rugby players, laying the foundation for optimal development through their teen years.
Crafted specifically for rugby players aged 13-15 years-old, this programme provides an introduction to a range of skills at an advanced level – with the objective of building a strong platform of knowledge and habits that will allow for maximum development in future years.
The Intermediate Players Course covers the following modules:
- Values & Standards
- An introduction to Strength & Conditioning
- An introduction to Nutrition
- An introduction to Mental Skills
- An introduction to video analysis and self-review
- Game awareness, vision and decision-making
- Principles of Attack
- Principles of Defence
- Position-Specific skills, roles and responsibilities
- Unit skills
Each Intermediate Players Course participant is allocated a Position-Specific specialist – often a current or former international coach or player. This coach will teach the player 1:1 and introduce them to the skills required in their position.
Course and Position-Specific Assessments are provided by the Course Facilitator and Position-Specific Coach respectively. This provides participants with a clear understanding of their strengths and work-ons – and where their future in the game lies.
Course fees include:
- 1 x Course Assessment
- An appraisal that provides insight into the participant’s technical, tactical, physical and mental attributes
- 1 x Position-Specific Assessment
- An appraisal which discusses the participant’s positional future in the game, identifying player strengths and key work-ons for optimal improvement
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (4 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Travel Transfers (from Wellington Airport or Bus Stop)
* December Courses will be running out of the New Zealand Campus of Innovation and Sport (NZCIS) in Wellington, Upper Hutt.
Now $1990 NZD
IRANZ Staff Coaches
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to have an IRANZ Staff member contact you within 2 working days.
IRANZ Live ‘20 was a remarkable achievement for the organisers and presenters. As an attendee, IRANZ Live exceeded my initial expectations and provided a unique coach development opportunity with contributions from a long list of world-class rugby figures. The range of delivery and content was excellent, and a superb balance of interactive tasks and Q & A opportunities. Over the 12 days, IRANZ staff deserve credit for creating such a positive and personal environment for coaches to learn. With 2020 being the first year of IRANZ Live, the structure and delivery was without fault and I would highly recommend the online experience to fellow coaches as an alternative to attending in person. I am proud now to be a part of the IRANZ community.
Alex Loney, IRANZ Live Graduate (Head of Rugby at Lancaster Royal Grammar School, UK)Alex attended the First IRANZ Live Programme in 2020
The specific 1-on-1 coaching has really improved Nik’s game. He’s never really been exposed to that before, it pushed him to be better. He’s very keen to attend more!