As young rugby players transition through their early-mid teen years, raw talent and ability begins to shine through and promising talent becomes exposed.
The Intermediate Players Course was designed to nurture the raw talent of young rugby players, laying the foundation for optimal development through their teen years.
Crafted specifically for rugby players aged 13-15 years-old, this programme provides an introduction to a range of skills at an advanced level – with the objective of building a strong platform of knowledge and habits that will allow for maximum development in future years.
The Intermediate Players Course covers the following modules:
- Values & Standards
- An introduction to Strength & Conditioning
- An introduction to Nutrition
- An introduction to Mental Skills
- An introduction to video analysis and self-review
- Game awareness, vision and decision-making
- Principles of Attack
- Principles of Defence
- Position-Specific skills, roles and responsibilities
- Unit skills
Each Intermediate Players Course participant is allocated a Position-Specific specialist – often a current or former international coach or player. This coach will teach the player 1:1 and introduce them to the skills required in their position.
Course and Position-Specific Assessments are provided by the Course Facilitator and Position-Specific Coach respectively. This provides participants with a clear understanding of their strengths and work-ons – and where their future in the game lies. This ultimately creates a development plan and informs the player’s training in years to come.
Course fees include:
- 1 x Course Assessment
- An appraisal that provides insight into the participant’s technical, tactical, physical and mental attributes
- 1 x Position-Specific Assessment
- An appraisal which discusses the participant’s positional future in the game, identifying player strengths and key work-ons for optimal improvement
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (4 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
Upcoming Course Dates
Staff Coaches Confirmed For April
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to have an IRANZ Staff member contact you within 2 working days.
The calibre of coaches was clearly evident and their depth of knowledge really shone through. Callum 100% knows he has become a better player after the Course… he will be back to IRANZ as soon as is practical!
Conrad Murray, Parent (Auckland, NZ)Conrad’s son Callum attended the Intermediate Players Course in 2018
The specific 1-on-1 coaching has really improved Nik’s game. He’s never really been exposed to that before, it pushed him to be better. He’s very keen to attend more!