IRANZ is launching our Planning and Preparation Coaches Course which lays the foundation for coaches heading into the coming season and beyond. Starting at 10 am on Monday the 25th of January and running over 5 days to Friday the 29th, this course has been specifically designed to cover all the fundamentals aspects of coaching leading to a successful campaign in 2021.
What are the key topics covered in this course?
- Planning a comprehensive coaching programme
- Set piece play
- Strength and conditioning
- Mental skills
- Coach philosophy
- Game planning
- Position Specific roles and responsibilities
- Skill development
- Vision and decision making
Why we developed this course?
Every rugby coach wants to plan their season campaign, but where to start, what to focus on, when and how to put it into action is the challenge for all coaches. A successful rugby season rarely occurs by chance. This course has been designed to outline and highlight the methodology, planning and preparation required, laying the foundations for a successful season.
IRANZ Staff Coaches Involved In This Course
Professional roles: All Black Maori Head Coach 2013-17, Hurricanes Head Coach 2003-10, Chiefs Head Coach 2018-19
Professional roles: All Black Forward and Scrum Coach 2004-2019. Wales Scrum Coach 2002 – 2003, Sanyo (Japan) Assistant Coach/Scrum Coach 2002 – 2007
Professional roles: Assistant Coach/Skills Coach Blues Super Rugby 2016-2018, Assistant Coach/Skills Coach Connacht Rugby Pro12, Black Ferns
Professional roles: Chiefs Assistant 2018 – 20, Canterbury Head Coach 2012, Crusaders Assistant 2013-16, Fiji Attack Coach 2015, Bath 2016-17, All Black 1995-96
Professional roles: All Black 2009 (73 Caps), Hurricanes Super Rugby 2004-2011 (84 Caps), Blues Super Rugby 2012-2014, Wellington 2003-2011
Professional roles: Wellington Lions NPC 2000–2010, Hurricanes Super Rugby 2001–2011, All Black 2002–2009 (62 Caps). Wellington Lions Assistant Coach 2017
Course Cost: $1997 NZD
Payment plans available
Course fees include:
- Individual Course Assessment
- Provides feedback on key strengths and work-ons
- Course material folder; including season planner, course documents and presentation, and more
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (6 nights) – staying on-site at the NZCIS, Upper Hutt, Wellington
- Travel Transfers (from Wellington Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
*Courses will be running out of the New Zealand Campus of Innovation and Sport (NZCIS) in Wellington, Upper Hutt.
To register now, Please select the Course button below