IRANZ Junior Players Course is for 11-13 year-old players who want an insight into IRANZ high-performance development pathway.
The Course programme focuses on individual skills and core techniques within the game; as well as the key attributes and characteristics required for individuals to progress through the junior grades.
The Course is ultimately designed to provide players an opportunity to accelerate their learning and development as they move into their teenage rugby years.
In what will simulate a mini professional-style rugby environment, players will be exposed to the importance of self-management and personal preparation. The programme will allow individuals to learn from and work with former and current coaches and players who have performed at the highest level of the game.
This means participants leave the programme – not only armed with advanced rugby knowledge, but feeling motivated and inspired to use the techniques and tools learnt on the course in their home environment.
The Junior Players Course includes the following modules:
- An introduction to Fitness
- Principles of Nutrition
- Principles of Mind Management
- Individual Skill Development
- Skill analysis and feedback
- Vision and Decision-making
- Contact, the breakdown, support & continuity
- Principles of Attack & Defence
- Leadership, self-management & preparation
- Modified games
Each participant will receive personalised feedback on core rugby skills and other fundamentals of the game – in a written Course Assessment delivered by our expert Staff Coaches.
Players will stay for 2 nights at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute in Palmerston North – a world-class rugby facility that will give each participant a taste of what it’s like to be a professional player.
Our first-ever Junior Players Course featured the following IRANZ Staff Coaches:
- NZ Price – $1,290 NZD
- Overseas Price – $1,490 NZD
Course fees include:
- 1 x Course Assessment
- Provides personalised feedback on core skills and other fundamentals of the game
- Course material folder
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Top
- An IRANZ Drink Bottle
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (2 nights, 3 days) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute in Palmerston North, New Zealand
Course dates provisional due to Covid
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below for priority enrolment