In Partnership with IRANZ, Plan B offers players in Japan and the surrounding Asia Pacific area the opportunity to train, play and develop at the world leading Rugby Academy IRANZ and stay in New Zealand and play a season at an IRANZ certified Club.
IRANZ High Performance Players Course
The High Performance Players Course is our most intensive players course – designed to fast-track the development process, producing exponential gains in self-management and performance that will ultimately provide participants with the best possible chance of achieving a professional career in rugby.
The High Performance programme simulates the professional rugby environment, demanding participants to perform and manage themselves at a level that is expected in the professional game today.
The High Performance Players Course includes the following modules:
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning Skills – strength, power and speed
- Advanced Nutrition
- Professional video review and the Game-Analysis process
- The self-review and improvement process
- Advanced rugby intelligence & tactical awareness
- Team cohesion and game plan comprehension
- Intensive Position-Specific appraisal – covering all skills, roles and responsibilities required
- Comprehensive individual skill assessments
- Short, medium and long passing – left to right, and right to left
- Tackle technique
- Extensive 1:1 coaching
- Self-management & leadership
- Mind management & mental skills
- Recovery protocols
- Career development
- Media & presentation skills
- Injury prevention and recovery regimes
Each High Performance Players Course participant is allocated a Position-Specific specialist – often a current or former international coach or player. The Position-Specific Coach will teach the player 1:1 to accelerate the participant’s development in that position.
Extensive Course and Position-Specific Assessments are provided by the Course Facilitator and Position-Specific Coach respectively. This provides participants with a clear understanding of their strengths and work-ons – and what they must achieve to realise a professional future in the game.
Club placement in New Zealand reflects the participants skill level shown on the High Performance Players course. Placement at clubs are throughout New Zealand including both city and rural clubs. Accommodation and work may be assisted by clubs but are ultimately the player’s responsibility.
Play a Season in New Zealand fees
- 3 week High Performance Player Course (January Course Only)
- 1 x Course Assessment
- A highly comprehensive appraisal that provides insight into the participant’s technical, tactical, physical and mental attributes – and key work-ons/improvement required to be considered at a professional level
- 1 x Position-Specific Assessment
- An extensive evaluation discussing the participant’s positional future in the game, identifying player strengths and key work-ons for optimal improvement
- 1 x Strength and Conditioning programme
- Informed by your Position-Specific Assessment, Course Assessment and Fitness Testing results, participants are provided with a Strength and Conditioning programme to work on after the programme is complete
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (11/ 19 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop or i-Site)
- IRANZ club placement fee
- End of season performance review
Play a Season in New Zealand Fees: NZD 12,490
*Following the course accommodation, food and travel are not covered by the course fees.