Have you recently started coaching rugby and want to upskill? Or perhaps you’ve been coaching for a while, but want to ‘brush up’ on all the essential skills and knowledge required to coach…
Then the IRANZ Practical Coaches Course is for you.
As the shortest programme in our series of Coaching Courses, the 3-day programme is designed for coaches of all abilities and covers all the fundamentals, latest strategies and tactics in rugby coaching.
The Practical Coaches Course includes modules on:
- Planning a Season
- Team Attack and Defence
- Contact / Breakdown / Continuity
- Coaching Individual Skills
- Set piece
- Back attack
- Counter Attack
- Coaching communication skills
While the Practical Coaches Course programme includes a small number of modules working live with players, the programme will not include a live match observation or Position-Specific Coaches. Limited Position-Specific tuition is provided.
The content of this course has been carefully crafted to cover all the fundamentals of rugby coaching in the short 3-day duration.
Experienced coaches will benefit from new thinking and ideas, while relatively new coaches will receive all the tools and skills required for a full season of rugby.
Course fees include:
- Course material folder; including season planner, training diary and more
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (2 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
Course Assessments are not provided.
Upcoming Course Dates
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to have an IRANZ Staff member contact you within 2 working days.
“The course has been really unbelievable. I walk away from here a much better coach. I’ve benefited much more (from this course) than ever in my wildest dreams I could have hoped for.”