As Rugby Sevens continues to grow as a prominent sport around the world, the strategies and tactics employed by the world’s top Sevens Coaches continue to advance in leaps and bounds – and are often vastly different to those that are used in the traditional 15-a-side format of the sport.
That’s why IRANZ developed the Sevens Coaches Course.
For rugby coaches of any ability – in 15’s or 7’s – the Sevens Coaches Course has been designed as ‘a crash-course’ in Rugby Sevens that will leave Coach participants fully equipped to coach in the 7’s format.
The Sevens Coaches Course includes 7s-specific modules on:
- Player profiling
- Team pattern and game plan design
- Attacking techniques and methods
- Defensive patterns and structure
- Ball handling
- Contact & breakdown skills
- Turnover ball and continuity
- Tournament planning
- Set piece
- Position-specific coaching knowledge
Most importantly, the Sevens Coaches Course provides rugby coaches an opportunity to brush shoulders with some of the most notable names in Rugby Sevens.
While the Sevens Coaches Course programme includes a small number of modules working live with players, the programme will not include a live match observation.
IRANZ Staff Coaches that regularly feature on the Sevens Coaches Course include:
Check out the video below to see some highlights from one of our recent Sevens Coaches’ Courses:
Course fees include:
- Course material folder; including season planner, training diary and more
- All training and tuition
- An IRANZ Training Shirt
- All food for the duration of the programme (fully catered)
- Accommodation for the full duration of the programme (2 nights) – staying on-site at the Massey Sport & Rugby Institute
- Travel Transfers (from Palmerston North Airport, Bus Stop, local accommodation or i-Site)
Course Assessments are not provided.
Not sure if this is the Course for you?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to have an IRANZ Staff member contact you within 2 working days.
“The course has been really unbelievable. I walk away from here a much better coach. I’ve benefited much more (from this course) than ever in my wildest dreams I could have hoped for.”